1 1. Keikogi must be washed regularly
2. It must always be kept in good repair
- Holes and tears repaired
- Stains removed
- 紐 Himo, strings, sown back on, when torn off
3. 3.Jackets must be worn right side out.
4. 紋Mon, Family crest, sown on correctly. It must be current. Fewer are better!
5. When travelling to the Dojo, Keikogi should be carried in a Gym bag or Gi Bag. One should not come dressed to the Dojo but if trying to be on time wearing a proper warm up Uwagi (jacket) over your upper uniform is fine or a T-shirt instead of your Uwagi and Obi.
6. Training with bottoms only or with a T-shirt is allowed with permission. No Obi is worn in either case!
7. Women must wear t-shirts under Uwagi. T-shirts worn must be appropriate.
8.Men must never wear T-shirts under Uwagi.
9. Zori are the preferred wear from the change room (in a Community centre) to Dojo Keikoba.
10. In colder weather, warm up jackets or Sodenashi Hanten can be worn over Keikogi before Keiko starts. If you are practising, they come off!
11. If you are getting embroidery on your uniform, please remember this is only to identify your personal uniform. Please do not let your ego get in the way. Except for formal Keikogi, worn for Shinza and Embu; a Keikogi is working clothes!
12. Embroidery on the obi:
- Personal name is worn on the right side.
- 流Ryu or 格Kakugen –Wise Sayings, Proverbs and/or Favourite saying on the left.